Phoenix Activity Park
Aktivpark Phoenix - leisure fun in harmony with nature
Due to its proximity to the city, the Aktivpark Phoenix is ideally suited for numerous leisure activities.
The exemplary renaturalised quarry with a large lake (40,000 square metres) was designated as a local recreation area in the overall reclamation plan of the city of Beckum. A good view of the area is possible from separately created observation points.
In addition to an adventure playground, play areas for children of different age groups have been set up, such as sand play areas, a water play zone, a play slope with a giant slide, a ropeway and various pieces of equipment for seesaws, swings, balancing, climbing and playing. Great importance was attached to the use of water, sand and wood for building as elementary play elements in the design of the playgrounds.
Since 2016, there has been a disc golf course at Aktivpark Phoenix. This sport is becoming increasingly popular. The course is available to all visitors of Aktivpark Phoenix free of charge. National and even international tournaments are held in Beckum several times a year.
Since May 2020, the German Alpine Club has had a second climbing wall suitable for tournaments.
Since July 2021, there has been a charging station for e-bikes. Up to three bikes can be charged at the same time. There is a "normal" socket inside. You can get the key at the kiosk (usually only open on weekends and public holidays from around 10 am).
Since July 2023, the city of Beckum has had a dog walking area. This is adjacent to the Aktivpark Phoenix, but can only be reached via the car park on the street Am Kollenbach.
Numerous leisure opportunities
- A disc golf course with 12 holes. Discs can also be rented at the kiosk
- Two fine sandy courts for beach volleyball and badminton. Beach volleyball nets and balls as well as accessories can be rented at the kiosk.
- A skateboard facility
- A miniature golf course with 18 holes. Clubs and balls can be hired from the kiosk.
- Fishing possibilities in the lake (contact via the fishing club Holter e. V.)
- A climbing facility of the German Alpine Club with two climbing walls
- A dog walking area, open to the public, accessible only via the car park on the road Am Kollenbach. Approx. 2,100 m² large meadow area. Visitor gate open all year round.
- On some weekends, the Ahlen Model Ship Club uses the lake to operate remote-controlled boats. Other private use is not permitted.
- A nature encounter site is to provide visitors with ecological and botanical information. A steep face with the stratifications typical of the Beckum limestone deposit was preserved for cultural reasons, as it offers an insight into the earth's history.
- The park also has areas that can be used for events (subject to registration), such as concerts or the holiday play days.
Contact: 0176 64988074, open at weekends and NRW holidays and by arrangement
More info here
The baskets can be played on free of charge. The first lane as well as an information sign with the course can be reached via the Rheinische Straße entrance.
TV Beckum, Discgolf Department
0170 999 5070
Only with weekly or annual passes
Sold through the club and the kiosk Alter Hammweg 35
Angelsportverein Holter e. V.
Contact: Markus Möllers
Climbing facility with two climbing walls
By appointment only, area is fenced off.
Office: Lönkerstraße 18, 59269 Beckum
Miniature golf course
Open all day, free of charge, clubs and balls available at the kiosk. The course was thoroughly renovated in July 2019. In Neubeckum, there is an alternative concrete course at the Harberg Stadium, which is run by the Förderverein Minigolf Neubckum e.V.. This can also be used free of charge and is freely accessible.
Further information here.
The Schiffsmodellclub Ahlen e.V. is allowed to use the lake for remote-controlled boats. If you are interested, please contact the club.
The tennis facility of the Tennis-Sport-Gemeinschaft Beckum (TSG) is located near the Aktivpark Phoenix, Steinbrink 5. The facility can be reached via the street Am Kollenbach.
Rules of conduct, hintsReske, Andreas
- Dogs must be kept on a leash (exception: in the dog exercise area).
- Swimming in the lakes is not permitted.
- Camping, the erection of pavilions and the operation of power generators is not permitted (except for anglers with the appropriate permit).
- Barbecuing is only allowed with commercially available barbecues. Please keep a distance of 20 m to the forest. There is an increased risk of forest fire, especially on hot days.
- Sanitary facilities are only available to a limited extent in the kiosk. These can only be used when the kiosk is open (in good weather). Washing dishes etc. is not permitted.
- Driving in the park is only allowed with an exceptional permit.
- The park should be available to all users. Private parties of 10 or more people are therefore generally not permitted. This also includes, for example, the setting up of long rows of beer tables.
- Events must be approved by the City of Beckum (see contact field on the right).