Quarry West Blue Lagoon
Beckum's blue lagoon - nature reserve
The former West Quarry, also called the Blue Lagoon, is located between Ahlener Straße and Vorhelmer Straße. Today, the area consists of a protected biotope area with a biotope lake and a landscape lake. The two lakes are separated by a cycling and hiking path, on which both the Werse cycle path and the cement route run.
To the north-east is a station with a table-bench combination for resting.
Restrictions on access - Ordinance of the Public Order Authority
In May 2020, the Münster district government issued a new regulatory ordinance for the entire former West Quarry. This came into force in June 2020. Corresponding signs were erected at 4 locations throughout the area.
For better understanding, there are additional supplementary signs at various locations:
Access and use ban
Since then, a year-round access and use ban applies to the biotope lake and the areas for nature conservation.
For the landscape lake, an access and use ban applies in the period from 1 April to 31 October. In the period from 1 November to 31 March, access and use is prohibited between 10 pm and 6 am.
In addition, please observe the following rules of conduct:
- It is not allowed to stay overnight. Camping is prohibited.
- The erection of tents, pavilions, tables and benches is prohibited.
- Barbecues and open fires are prohibited.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash.
- Animals are not allowed in the water.
- It is forbidden to use motorised vehicles and boats.
- Keep your distance from the breeding grounds of wild animals.
- Feeding of wild animals, especially ducks and geese, is prohibited.
- Please keep nature clean and take your rubbish back with you.
Violations can be punished with a fine!